Registered Nurse - ICU
Location: Sylva, NC
Name: Eric Cochran
The ICU Registered Nurse holds shift accountability to provide direct care to the patients by utilization of the nursing process in accordance with the established policies and procedures of Harris Regional Hospital. Abides by the standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations. Maintains clinical competencies through continuing education. Delegates patient care priorities commensurate with the education and experience of other staff.
1. Must have current Registered Nurse licensure in the State of North Carolina or from a compact state.
2. Current BLS maintained.
3. Current ACLS certification within 1 year of hire and maintain thereafter.
4. Current PALS certification within 1 year of hire and maintain thereafter.
1. Ability to lift and move at least 50 pounds.
2. Ability to see colors, see at least 1 mm squares.
3. Ability to hear and distinguish heart, lung, and bowel sounds.
4. Ability to reach overhead.
5. Ability to remain calm, continue to function effectively and develop priorities during stressful situations.
6. Ability to communicate clearly with patients, families, visitors, healthcare team, leadership and others. Ability to use sensory and cognitive functions to process and prioritize information, treatment and follow-up.
7. Ability to use fine motor skills.
8. Ability to move and operate equipment and carry supplies.
9. Ability to sit, stand or walk for extended periods of time.
10. Ability to remain focused and organized.